Translate

lunedì 22 ottobre 2012

People

It was a good day for me at work.
Today I received a photo of an American couple who were married in Positano. They have sent me an email thanking me for the help with documents in a moment so special.  
The first pair that I helped with these practices has even taken the time to not only send me a photo, but to send a thankyounote written by hand!!

Two years ago, I worked for six months as a trainee in the prefecture in Rome to the Immigration area and saw so many immigrants come to the desk with a thousand files, bent by work, standing for hours, tired. I came into their lives and they in mine. There were those who came with the hope that Italy was his America, others simply resigned, Indian 40y.o. who give up what little they have and go to a place that, until then, would not have been able to indicate on the world map.
I've heard their stories, see their faces, I've written their names on the documents: boys happy to go pick tomatoes for two pounds, youngs just married happy to find their way togheter, but there is one thing I will never forget. 
Is the light in the eyes of fathers and mothers on the day that can meet their children to have sent money for years and that now are 18y.o. 
There is a light in their eyes that is priceless. It is the light of unconditional love.

I am now doing another internship, this time in the United States. I help the American people who want to marry in Italy with the bureaucracy and paperwork. Also this training, as above, is unpaid. And in spite of the sacrifices, even here I became a part of the lives of these so romantic people, I know how the meet, when, where they are going to live (someone for the fiance moves to Italy) not only young but also mature couples, for some it is the second or third marriage. And it is so comforting to know that love has no age!


foto di una coppia bellissima che si è sposata a Bellagio/pic of very nice coupleI helped and that get married in Bellagio

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento